Thursday, July 21, 2011

Drawing character contest.

Hello bloggers,

I know you all love stories and become attached to some of their characters, so here I am going to combine my two loves Fiction and Art!

I am still new to this blogging thing, so this will be my first ever contest. 
But this is going to be a contest that will run continuously and there will be a winner every month!
I am still not sure on what to giveaway to the winner, because as I said this is my first ever contest, so suggestions would be helpful! I am from the UK so physical books would only be available to UK entries but I could order books for people from Amazon or the Book depository if I had a lot of International entries.

What do you have to do?
Well do you love drawing as much as me?
To enter this contest you can draw either:

1) A character from a book/actor who played that character in the movie version of the book. For example here is my drawing of Taylor Lautner who plays the Jacob Black in the Twilight series!
(If you choose this option please provide the name of the actor you have drawn, who they act as in what movie.)



2) Draw what you think a character from a book would look like. I don't have an example of this yet but I will draw one soon for you guys! (If you choose this option please provide name of character, author and the name of the book they are from.)

There will be a different category each month.
If you don't win one month you can enter the same drawing as many times as you like as long as it fits into the category!

I'm still a new blogger so depending on the amount of entries/followers I get up to at end of next month (August 31st) depends on whether I will start the contests then or wait another month.

But the first category for drawing characters is going to be... what everybody loves
The bad boy.

Examples are: 
Patch from Becca Fitzpatrick's Hush Hush
Alex from Lauren Oliver's Delirium
Julian from L.J.Smith's The Forbidden Game

Will from Cassandra Clare's Clockwork Angel
Quinn from Alyxandra Harvey's Blood Fued series

Gabriel from L.J.Smith's Dark Visions

If you have read other books, please use your favourite bad boy character just be sure to let me know what book they are from and leave a small character description as I may not have read it!





Rules:
  • To receive the prizes have to be +13 or have parents permission.
  • Just scan or take a photograph of your drawing and e-mail it to me.
  • When entering the contest you give me the right to judge the drawings to pick a winner, if you do not like how the winner is chosen I am sorry, but please do not give me grief by not choosing your drawing- but it will be solely based on who I think has tried the hardest/done a great job.
  • Contest is open to UK but if I get a lot of international entries I will accept them and open it up internationally.
  • Please follow and help get my blog known!
  • Would love you if you spread the word about this contest around.
  • Have a blast!
  • Tell me what you think of my contest idea. 
Send all entries to this address: smileess_ox(at)hotmail(dot)com
Say hello, mention your entry, who you have drawn by tweeting me at - @MazzNixon
I look forward to seeing all your beautiful entries! 


Thanks guys!
Love you.
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment