Sunday, June 19, 2011

Immortals series

Evermore
Since a horrible accident claimed the lives of her family, Ever can see auras, hear people's thoughts, and know a person's entire life story by touch. Going out of her way to avoid human contact and suppress her abilities has branded her as a freak at her new high school—but everything changes when she meets Damen.
Damen Auguste is gorgeous, exotic and wealthy. He's the only one who can silence the noise and random energy in her head—wielding a magic so intense, it's as though he can see straight into her soul. As Ever is drawn deeper into his enticing world of secrets and mystery, she's left with more questions than answers. She has no idea just who he really is—or what he is. The only thing she knows to be true is she's falling deeply and helplessly in love with him. 

Evermore is the first book to Alyson Noels immortals series. In this book we met Ever and find out about her life and the tragedy which led her to the life she is living now. Written from her point of view we discover what it is like to lose all of your family, to be the only one in a terrible accident to survive. Ever loses her parents, little sister and her dog in the car crash. She constantly wishes she had been killed with them, she misses them more than ever. She now lives with her work addicted aunt who likes stability and a normal life, but now she has a depressed teenager to put up with. 
She is in a new place at a new school, she is one of the freaks to all of the popular kids. But being a freak led her to be friends with her two best friends. She is finally living a normal life, trying to move on, apart from that she sees and talks to her dead sister Riley. But then there is a new tall, dark and hansom mysterious boy at school and everything changes.
Throughout the story Ever realises that her surviving the accident was not by chance and it has something to do with him, the new rich kid and his female friend.
That crash was meant for her, so why did everyone but her die? It was all her fault, she should have died not her family. Whoever caused the crash is still after her, and the one person who helps her is the one reason her life is at risk.

This is a tragic love story that will leave you with touched hearts. 

I have read the next two books which are just as thrilling as the first; and I have the next two books sitting on my shelf waiting to be read when my exams are done and the final one is soon to be released.
As you may have noticed I loved every single book I read and always have something good to say about them, and although I love this series, compared to a couple of the other books I have read it isn't as exciting. No doubt they are incredible books and I do recommend you buy them, because I wouldn't dare put down a book which left me hooked or insult the author because her books are incredible- I just don't know what it is about them they are just not on my favourite list. Saying that the last time I read one of them I remember thinking- I didn't think the book would be that good.
 
If you like books like 'Kissed by an angel' then I recommend this book for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment