Sunday, November 04, 2012

Favourite quotes

So I'm addicted to quotes, be it a quote by someone famous, a writer within or outside their novels, a lyric, something someone has said to me and it touched me so significantly I didn't let it go, a photographer.. anything. I love inspiration, and finding inspiration in words is an enjoyment to me, I adore reading a book and coming to a line that has the ability to change me, bring a tear to my eye, or let me relate whole heartedly to those letters strung on the page.
I have many quotes I love, as I'm sure you as a reader or writer do, but I don't always remember to jot them down somewhere.. so here are just a few which I keep with me:

'I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world.' - Albert Einstein 

'We do not see things as they are, we see them as we are.' - Anonymous 

'I try to see the un-usual within the ordinary. Little slices of life that deserves to be recorded and shown, slices of life at 1/125th of a second.' - Jim Gatlin

'A photograph contains the stolen part of reality.' - Moses Oliver

'Not all those who wander are lost.' - J.R.R Tolkein

'Tell me something sweet to get me by.' - A Day to Remember

'I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.' - Unknown

'I fell in love the way you fall asleep, slowly; and then all at once.' - John Green 

'Hope is the only thing stronger than fear.' - Suzanne Collins

'It is never too late to be what you might have been.' - George Eliot 

'They fail, and they alone, who have not striven.' - Thomas Bailey Aldrich

'Whatever happens tomorrow, we had today.' - Nicholas Sparks

'Sometimes when you fall you fly.' - Neil Gaiman

'I have always imagined that paradise will be a kind of library.' - Jorge Luis Borges

'Sometimes you need to get lost in order to discover anything.' - Katie Kacvinsky

'In hopes of reaching the moon men fail to see the flowers than blossom at their feet.' Albert Schweitzer

'The saddest people I've ever met in life are the ones who don't care deeply about anything at all. Passion and satisfaction go hand in hand, and without them, any happiness is only temporary, because there's nothing to make it last.' - Nicholas Sparks 

I could go on forever, tell me about your favourite quotes.. and lets finish with this...

'Maybe our favourite quotations say more about us than the stories or people we are quoting.' - John Green

No comments:

Post a Comment