Saturday, December 03, 2011

Author Interview - Leona Naan


Hi, please introduce yourself...
Hi there, I'm Leona Naan from Ireland.
What was it that initially inspired you to start writing and from what age did you realise you wanted to write books?
Well I have always had a love for reading and that sort of got me into writing. When I turned 13 I realised that I wanted to write full lenght books instead of short stories. When I got to that age we started doing little tests in English where we had to write short stories. Those short stories have grown into nearly finished books.
What genre do you write and why?
I write young-adult paranormal romance books as those are the type that I love to read and I am most familiar with.
Is there anything you are currently working on?
Well I have several on the go at once. All different stories with really different characters. Its rather hard to keep track of them. I also was writing while I was tired and I killed off my main character because I thought she was a character from one of my other books. Have no fear I deleted it and shes alive and well in my books.
Do you ever suffer from the famous writers block and if so do you have any tips to get around it?
I do, all the time. I find that going for a walk by yourself helps or having a nap. Even leaving for a while and coming back helps too.
Do you have any other hobbies?
Hm, well apart from reading and writing I play guitar and take part in a taekwando class at my school. Also I have a fascination with history so I enjoy reading about different events. Oh and I usually listen to Christina Perri songs all day long (does that count?)
Is there a significant person who has inspired you on a whole?
Oh thats a hard one, I can't really single out a single person as many people inspire me. Whether they be writers, singers (christina perri), family or friends. I know so many inspirational people I simply couldn't pick one.
Where can we find you?
You can find me on my blog lovereading21.blogspot.com and you can follow me on twitter @lovereading_21

No comments:

Post a Comment