Sunday, December 23, 2012

Films: The Perks of being a Wallflower

I couldn't wait any longer, I had to watch it even though I so desperately wanted to read it first and now I just want to read it even more. I'm not sure if I'm happy after watching it or heartbreakingly sad or if it's a happy kind of sad. 


I just think that it's so emotion evoking and perfectly written and I want to cry and smile and.. it's just.. I need to read the original version like right now


Our generation especially I feel are suffering and The Perks of being a Wallflower really highlights everything that we are going through, showing we aren't alone, behind everyones mask is a story that would break your heart and that those who are hurting the most are probably those you would least expect. This story line really takes your emotions and plunges them into the ocean. 


It demonstrates how love is both instant and deep beneath the surface, creeping up on you, something that is sometimes so much that it doesn't surface until it's too late, but it's enough to have just known them, to have loved them the way you have and that will always be inside of you


And it's amusing too at the same time, showing how true friendship comes from who you are and who they are and that's what ties you together


and the characters were perfect, Charlie especially, he is a quiet smart lad whose awkwardness really rounded up his character and I just wanted to hug him but at the same time felt like I was a female version of him and I'm pretty sure everyone watching this film have related to it in some way


I have no more words, I'm still half wanting to smile half feeling like I should cry.

2 comments:

  1. I've literally just finished watching it and cried my eyes out. Such a good movie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is, one of my all time favourites, I'm dying to get my hands on the book, whats the bet that's even better? :P

      Delete