Saturday, July 28, 2012

Author interview with Shayne Leighton


Welcome to the blog Shayne Leighton author of The Vampires Daughter (Of Light and Darkness #1)

Could you tell us a little bit about yourself?

My name is Shayne and I love every aspect of storytelling - which is probably why I am involved in so many aspects of it. I love writing novels, and am especially in love with my Of Light and Darkness novels, but I am also developing the feature film adaptation of the novels as well as maintaining an up coming career in acting and singing as well. I have been in several independent films and am currently working on my first original album. I'm married to someone from the Czech Republic (where my novel takes place) and my favorite foods are eggrolls, olives, and iced tea. 

Did you always know you wanted to be an author?

I've been writing short stories since I was in the second grade. My favorite story was one I wrote in the fourth grade about what it would be like to live inside a bubble. My mother is a published poet, so I guess I've always known that I would love writing and storytelling - and that it would be something in my blood. 

When did you initially begin writing?

As early as I could spell (even when I couldn't) I was writing. :) I've always loved it. 

What was your inspiration for Of Light and Darkness?

My initial inspiration for the story came from one day when I was imagining my life as a fantasy. If I lived within a fantasy world, what would it be like? It was almost a fanfiction of my life, with a few elements skewed. I imagined everyone I knew and loved, and what kind of magical creature they would all be. I was inspired to form the characters first and the plot began to form itself later. 

Could you tell us a little about Of Light and Darkness?

Of Light and Darkness is a Gothic fairytale that takes place in Prague, Czech Republic, about a young girl raised by a Vampire. She is the only mortal who lives in this hidden, secret, magical city as she tries to survive among impossible things. It's kind of a cross between Interview With The Vampire and Harry Potter. 

Do you have any other novels and if so are they of the same kind of genre?

Of Light and Darkness is my debut novel. The next novel I am working on is the sequel to the first in this series. But I do have several other ideas including an alien novel and also a true story drama depicting my husbands life and his immigration process to America. 

Where can we find Of Light and Darkness?

Of Light and Darkness is available wherever books are sold including Amazon, iTunes, Barnes and Noble, and more. 

Where can we find you? (blog, twitter, ect..)

You can join my fanpage on facebook.com/ShayneLeighton, or on my twitter @ShayneLeighton, or by visiting my blog linked on my personal websitewww.ShayneLeighton.com

Is there anything else you would like to say? 

Thank you so much for this wonderful interview, and I look forward to hearing from some new readers! I always try to connect with all readers who have something to say about the book, so please don't hesitate to leave a comment or write an email. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment