Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Kindle's, e-books and paper books.

Ok, so your opinions may differ and I may be an old fashioned (sixteen year old) twit but I prefer paper books. Yes, maybe I am biased since I have never used an e-book or a kindle, but I don't want to. Wheres the fun in that?
There are many reasons to why I prefer paper copies of books.



1- I love that smell that hits you when you walk in to a book shop (especially Waterstones- coffee and books; my favourite things!) Don't you? I mean what do electronic things smell like?


2- I love filling my bookshelves and displaying my favourite covers, I'm one of those people who love to collect things!


3- I don't want electronic devices to take over the world! I mean people are already glued to laptops/computers/phones what happened to enjoying the beauty of the world?


4- Paper copies are just beautiful- I just love them, simple.


You may disagree, or maybe you share my opinions! Either way I'd love to hear what you have to say on the subject and why you think that!

Sorry to everyone who loves e-books/kindles I just like the classic things- should have lived a couple hundred years ago me!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Maryann! I'm a new follower from the blog hop. I absolutely agree with you on this, but I gave in last year and bought a Kindle. I use both though, so I don't use my kindle exclusively. There is no way I could give up hardbound books completely.

    Anyway, nice blog. Stop by mine sometime...

    http://loveofbooks409.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, thank you for the follow! As you can see I am just getting started here!
    Oh right, what are kindles like?
    I will check it out now and follow you back :D

    ReplyDelete