Thursday, August 18, 2011

Entangled


The same questions whirl round and round in my head:
What does he want from me?
How could I have let this happen?
AM I GOING TO DIE?
17-year-old Grace wakes up in a white room, with
table,pens and paper - and no clue how she got here.
As Grace pours her tangled life onto the page, she is forced to remember everything she's tried to forget. There's falling hopelessly in love with the gorgeous Nat, and the unravelling of her relationship with her best friend Sal. But there's something missing. As hard as she's trying to remember, is there something she just can't see?
Grace must face the most important question of all. Why is
she here?
A story of dangerous secrets, intense friendship and electrifying attraction.
 
Wow, well I can say for sure reading this book is a roller-coaster. It's a book that gets your emotions out in the open and walking a very thin tightrope. But in a good way, kind of.
This book hit home for me, not to the extreme such as Grace's life, but I'm a teen and every human on the planet has problems but with new hormones and that in your teenager years when you're struggling to figure them out is extremely hard.
Graces life is a pretty extreme story, but I'm sure in some ways almost everyone can relate to this story, even if it is with another character. In a way I didn't like the way it was digging up my pasts ghosts while I read it, but it also made me be able to understand Grace so much more, so then I was sucked into the story. I would read telling myself I'd stop to take a shower before bed after the end of a chapter only to read on when I reached it. I love how it starts with very short chapters and then as the story Grace is telling really reached it's climax the chapters are very long.
I love Ethan, somehow I knew all along he wasn't real and what was going on wasn't really happening. I thought for a while he was her lost twin who died or something, but it seems he is just a figure of her imagination, I think? Maybe you can help me on that one if you have read it.
I found it a little disappointing that I knew from when I read the blurb in Waterstones that the guy & the girl were somehow involved. I found myself just waiting for it to happen, but when it did, Cat had written it so well it still managed to have this massive impact on me. I finished the book last night and the emotions from that scene are still running through me. I love the last couple of pages, it's so heart felt, well the whole book is really. It's such an emotional book, but it's one of the best books I have ever read.
I applaud Cat, this story is a reality some teenagers are living and she managed to show that even though they may not feel like there is nothing to live for, there always is and that even though everything is wrong an messed up and you're hurting and just want everything to end, living through it and not giving up is better than giving in. There's a better future, being a teenager is hard, knew emotions are hard to handle, but once you fight through it there's a life out there waiting for you.
This book will probably help a lot of teens who are struggling, I'm willing to bet Cat has changed a lot of lives with this story.

5/5 no question!
<3



1 comment:

  1. I really loved this book - I think it's my favourite of the YA debuts I've read so far this year. It was very hard to put down once you began reading, wasn't it? Very gripping right till the end. I agree with you that Grace was such a realistic character. I loved the bits with Ethan in the white room and like you, I was puzzling all the time trying to work out who he was. But yes,

    *SPOILER*

    he was Grace's hallucination while she was in a coma.

    ReplyDelete