Sunday, August 21, 2011

My Love Lies Bleeding.


My Love Lies Bleeding - Alyxandra Harvey


The Drakes are rather different to your usual neighbours. They are vampires and some of the members of the family date back to the twelfth century. One of the children, Solange, is the only born female vampire known and, as such, she poses a direct threat to the vampire queen. Her best friend Lucy is human, and when Solange is kidnapped Lucy and Solange's brother, Nicholas, set out to save her. Lucy soon discovers that she would like to be more than just friends with Nicholas. But how does one go about dating a vampire? Meanwhile, Solange finds an unlikely ally in Kieran, a vampire slayer on the hunt for his father's killer ...

Ok, I get confused with this series. Partly because I can be a bit dippy sometimes and not realize a book is from a series when I pick it up in the shop and so I read this series book 2, book 1, book 3. But I still kind of got it, you'll know what I mean if you've read these, the books are the same series but separate to their own. Also I read this book during the read-a-thon- no not the one a couple weeks ago, the one a couple months ago. I know I've been slacking sorry.
All of the books in this series are based on one character (or two when it comes to couples) and this is supposed to be the first book even if I'm to stupid to notice. My Love Lies Bleeding is about Solanges struggle, the youngest and only girl in the Drake family. Not only is she finding it hard with becoming a vampire but she is also being hunted, so to speak, more like wanted by a vampire who has created his own army of vamps. Most of which either turned to Hel-bar or joined the Hounds. You lost yet? haha...
Her struggle is very relate-able, (not that I've ever turned into a vampire myself) but it's like the struggle every teenager goes through when they grown up in their teens and of course she falls in love with a human of all people. Not only a human but a Helious Ra, who are Vampire Hunters.
It's that starcrossed lovers thing again, which always makes for the best stories.
Kieran the Vampire hunter, is on the search for the vampire who murdered his father. He is trained and now after revenge. Kieran's and Solanges paths collide. But it's not only them in the woods. I think Kieran is such a sweet character in this book and Solange is fragile and strong at the same time.
I love Lucy so much. She's a human who has grown up being best friends to Solange and is like a part of the family bar the fact she is not a vampire. But now things are changing, Solange is turning. Lucy is so funny and witty and basically adds comic relief to the haunting moments in this books. But she also causes those moments too what with falling in love with one of the Drake brothers. But can Nicolas resist the temptation of her blood, he is still a young vampire. They have known each other all their life and their squabbles evolve into a cute romance. Like I said I love Lucy but I love Nicolas too and they are great together.
This book is packed with problems, danger and romance. It's fast paced and you won't be able to put it down until you have finished (this happened with every book in the series for me).
Seriously if you haven't read these yet I recommend you do, the third one I just read and was even more amazing, review will be up straight after this.
Apologies for the short-ish review, I did read this a while back.

I give this book a 4/5!

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment